An electrical fire at Warren Lyster's Tarleton Farm near Paris, Ky., killed two boarders--a yearling Mr. Greeley colt and a 2-year-old Meadow Monster filly. The Thoroughbreds were owned by Alan Goldberg and Derek Buntain, respectively.
Grade II winner Meadow Monster's first winner emerged April 22 at Keeneland when Drought won a 4 1/2-furlong maiden race in :53.35 in her first start.
Meadowlake's son Meadow Monster arrived on Oct. 10 at Ron and Carolyn Green's Green Willow Farm near Westminster, Md., for the 2001 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise