An electrical fire at Warren Lyster's Tarleton Farm near Paris, Ky., killed two boarders--a yearling Mr. Greeley colt and a 2-year-old Meadow Monster filly. The Thoroughbreds were owned by Alan Goldberg and Derek Buntain, respectively.
Grade II winner Meadow Monster's first winner emerged April 22 at Keeneland when Drought won a 4 1/2-furlong maiden race in :53.35 in her first start.
Meadowlake's son Meadow Monster arrived on Oct. 10 at Ron and Carolyn Green's Green Willow Farm near Westminster, Md., for the 2001 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses