The National Steeplechase Association's 2005 calendar begins March 6 with the fourth annual Little Everglades Steeplechase in Dade City, Fla. The tour's southern-most stop kicks off a 24-stop spring circuit that offers total purses of $2.6 million.
Sur La Tete, under a heady ride by Christopher Read, rolled to an open-lengths lead turning for home en route to winning the Meadow Brook Steeplechase (NSA-I) in course record time Thursday afternoon at Belmont Park.
McDynamo and Anofferucantrefuse, winners of the first two legs of the Steeplechase Triple Crown, head the nomination list for the $100,000 Meadow Brook Stakes (NSA-I), to be run Thursday, June 6 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American