New York has some great pro sports teams, but none of them can match the star power of New York's Muscular Dystrophy Association Muscle Team, made up of top pro athletes, including several jockeys, who have teamed with children challenged by MD for two inspiring events.
The Maryland Department of Agriculture lifted the hold orders on the detention barn at Pimlico Race Course and an isolated barn at the Bowie Training Center March 8 after the final four horses in those barns tested negative for equine herpesvirus (EHV-1). The four are free to be moved back to their original barns to resume normal activities.
Test results on all 17 horses at a Kent County farm affected by the neurologic form of equine herpesvirus are negative for the virus and the Maryland Department of Agriculture expects to lift the hold order on the farm on March 4 after a final veterinary inspection is conducted.
Suspected cases of equine herpesvirus (EHV-1) caused the Maryland State Veterinarian to place an "Investigational Animal Hold Order" Jan. 26 on a private farm in Kent County.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Delaware Park Latest Track to Boot Vazquez
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Presque Isle Alters Post Time to Combat Deer
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Tough Field Drawn for Penny Memorial at Parx
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details