New York has some great pro sports teams, but none of them can match the star power of New York's Muscular Dystrophy Association Muscle Team, made up of top pro athletes, including several jockeys, who have teamed with children challenged by MD for two inspiring events.
The Maryland Department of Agriculture lifted the hold orders on the detention barn at Pimlico Race Course and an isolated barn at the Bowie Training Center March 8 after the final four horses in those barns tested negative for equine herpesvirus (EHV-1). The four are free to be moved back to their original barns to resume normal activities.
Test results on all 17 horses at a Kent County farm affected by the neurologic form of equine herpesvirus are negative for the virus and the Maryland Department of Agriculture expects to lift the hold order on the farm on March 4 after a final veterinary inspection is conducted.
Suspected cases of equine herpesvirus (EHV-1) caused the Maryland State Veterinarian to place an "Investigational Animal Hold Order" Jan. 26 on a private farm in Kent County.
Most Popular Stories
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity