Mike Iavarone, co-president of IEAH Stables, had a strong reaction to a photo that showed the back of Big Brown's right hind shoe, which had been put on the morning of the Belmont Stakes (gr. I), dislodged from his hoof shortly after the start of the race. Trainer Rick Dutrow, however, does not believe the shoe was a major issue.
For the second day in a row since being treated for a slight quarter crack, Belmont Stakes (gr. I) favorite Big Brown was out on the track, galloping 1 1/8 miles at Belmont Park on Wednesday, May 28. The colt just jogged on Tuesday.
Big Brown, who will be seeking the coveted Triple Crown in the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), has a "slight" quarter crack on the inside of his left front foot, trainer Rick Dutrow said May 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Danzing Candy, Trojan Nation Train in KY
- First Starters for Stay Thirsty, Shackleford
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy