Charlie's Moment shook off Backbackbackgone early and was never headed in winning the $100,000 Lazaro Barrera Memorial (gr. III) for his first graded stakes tally May 24 at Hollywood Park.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) winter mixed sale suffered downturns of 63% in its average price and 74.4% in its median price from a year ago as it opened with a consignor preferred session Jan. 6 in Central Florida. The gross revenue dropped 43% even though the number of horses sold was up 54.1% from 2008's first day total.
Phantom Income and Preachin Man won divisions of the National Association of Two-Year-Old Consignors Futurity at Meadowlands on the night of Sept. 29.
A filly from the family of Mr. Greeley and Street Sense topped day 10 of the Keeneland September yearling sale. Tom Gentry, agent, bought the Hold That Tiger filly for $182,000 from Four Star Sales, agent.
Grade II winner Successful Appeal was represented by his first winner when his 2-year-old daughter Double D Appeal won a two-furlong race in :21.27
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014