Ray Paulick, editor in chief of The Blood-Horse and executive vice president and editorial director of Blood-Horse Publications, has been selected as the American Association of Equine Practitioners' (AAEP) equine industry representative on the group's board of directors.
Bosque Redondo was reported in good condition this morning by Dr. Wayne McIlraith following surgery Tuesday for broken sesamoids and a condylar fracture of the right front cannon bone suffered following the finish of Sunday's Pacific Classic (gr. I).
By Dr. C. Wayne McIlwraith -- The industry wants horse racing to increase in popularity and achieve the status of a major league sport. The time is right for us all to come together and reach consensus on medication issues.
Multiple grade I winner Manndar is recovering following surgery Monday to repair a fractured sesamoid in his left fore, trainer Beau Greely reported Thursday.
Exogenous, who flipped and caught her foot in the winner's circle rail prior to the Distaff, and Jump Start, who suffered a broken leg during the stretch run of the Juvenile, are recovering from their injuries, according to Dr. C. Wayne McIlwraith.
The next Symposium on Racing will include an all-day meeting on medication to be conducted by the American Association of Equine Practitioners. The Dec. 4 "summit" will look at the administration of therapeutic medications and discuss the standards and policies the industry should employ when treating horses for racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Brown Sends Two West For American Oaks
- Night Prowler Well-Spotted in Rich Penn Mile
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- Ben's Cat Seeks Governor's Cup
- 2-Year-Olds Prep for Barretts Del Mar Sale
- WGOH: Restoring, Not Expanding
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Untapable Works Toward Ogden Phipps Stakes