Legislation to remove the nine members of the New Jersey Racing Commission and reconfigure the agency to require four of the nine members be owners or trainers was conditionally vetoed by Gov. James McGreevey on Monday.
New Jersey Gov. Jim McGreevey presented his 2003 budget in a March 26 speech before state legislators, and among his cost-cutting proposals is a reduction in the operating subsidy for the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, which oversees Monmouth Park and Meadowlands, by more than half.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Average, Median Rise at Doncaster Sale
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes
- First Winner for Desert Key
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Seth Hancock Named Keeneland Trustee
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast