A filly by Horse Chestnut brought $40,000 to top the Oct. 1 Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Sale fall yearling auction.
Art McFadden, President of MEC Oregon Racing will resign his post on Friday, it was announced Dec. 30.
Buddy Gil, who finished sixth in the May 3 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), is recovering from a May 7 surgery in which two bone chips were removed, one from his right knee, and one from his left ankle.
Environmentalists notified Portland Meadows on Nov. 27 that they intend to sue the racetrack for illegally discharging manure into the Columbia Slough. An official with Magna Entertainment, which owns the Oregon racetrack's operating rights, called the lawsuit unfair and said the company has been working closely with the Environmental Protection Agency since assuming control in May.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian