A filly by Horse Chestnut brought $40,000 to top the Oct. 1 Louisiana Thoroughbred Breeders Sale fall yearling auction.
Art McFadden, President of MEC Oregon Racing will resign his post on Friday, it was announced Dec. 30.
Buddy Gil, who finished sixth in the May 3 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), is recovering from a May 7 surgery in which two bone chips were removed, one from his right knee, and one from his left ankle.
Environmentalists notified Portland Meadows on Nov. 27 that they intend to sue the racetrack for illegally discharging manure into the Columbia Slough. An official with Magna Entertainment, which owns the Oregon racetrack's operating rights, called the lawsuit unfair and said the company has been working closely with the Environmental Protection Agency since assuming control in May.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Demonstrative Narrow Victor in Lonesome Glory
- Horseman Tom Harbut Dies at Age 94
- Penn National CEO Wilmott Appointed to Board
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: At The Sales
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- TimeformUS: The G2 Pennsylvania Derby
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16