By Pete Pedersen - Why did this man, at the height of his career, choose death? The answer is locked in the soul of Robert McDaniel, never to be revealed.
Jack McDaniel, president of Los Angeles Turf Club, Inc., which operates Santa Anita Park, has stepped down after two seasons at the helm, Magna Entertainment Corp. announced in a press release dated April 22.
Michael Gilligan, Santa Anita Park's vice president of marketing and sales, was relieved of duties a couple of days prior to the opening of the track's 70th anniversary season.
- By Jack Shinar
Nearly six months after it began the process of assigning dates for the 2005 Southern California racing season, the California Horse Racing Board approved a schedule Oct. 5 that's nearly identical to the proposal it started with.
Michael Gilligan has been hired as the new vice president of marketing and sales for Santa Anita Park, parent company Magna Entertainment Corp. announced Sept. 7.
Magna Entertainment Corp. officially announced Jack McDaniel as new president of Santa Anita Park Tuesday.
Jack Liebau resigned as president of Santa Anita Park Monday and will be replaced by Jack McDaniel, an entertainment executive who was involved in the design of the track's new paddock-area restaurant and bar.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Two Unbeaten Favorites in Florida Sire Series
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes