Tony McCoy, 27, has broken possibly Britain's greatest racing record of them all: Sir Gordon Richards seasonal tally of 269 winners, achieved in 1947. After a week of frustration during which he edged toward the record at a snail's pace, McCoy passed the landmark with a three-win afternoon at Warwick on April 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet