A bill designed to promote investment in the horse industry by removing provisions of federal law that favor other investments was introduced by U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell July 28.
Youbet.com announced the promotion of seven managers Wednesday. Leading the list are former jockey agent Jeff Franklin who has become vice president of product management and Chris McConnell who is now executive director of track relations and player development.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Without Jay Hickey's tireless efforts to round up and coordinate support for horse racing, this industry might be as endangered as the sea lions off Alaska.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding