A bill designed to promote investment in the horse industry by removing provisions of federal law that favor other investments was introduced by U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell July 28.
Youbet.com announced the promotion of seven managers Wednesday. Leading the list are former jockey agent Jeff Franklin who has become vice president of product management and Chris McConnell who is now executive director of track relations and player development.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Without Jay Hickey's tireless efforts to round up and coordinate support for horse racing, this industry might be as endangered as the sea lions off Alaska.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes