Martha McCauley Miller, wife of the late Hall of Fame trainer MacKenzie "Mack" Miller, died March 22 at 91. Her husband died in December 2010.
- By Claire Novak
Jockey Herb McCauley, who returned to racing Sept. 1 after nine years on the sidelines, won his first race since his comeback when he guided Red Oak Stable's Missed The Prom to an eight-length victory in the sixth race at the Meadowlands Oct. 17 for trainer Greg Sacco.
Herb McCauley, one of the leading jockeys at Monmouth Park in the 1980s and '90s until he was injured in 1998, said Aug. 25 that he expects to start a comeback on Labor Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Hard Aces Too Tough in Cougar II
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Up With the Birds Back Winning at Woodbine