Martha McCauley Miller, wife of the late Hall of Fame trainer MacKenzie "Mack" Miller, died March 22 at 91. Her husband died in December 2010.
- By Claire Novak
Jockey Herb McCauley, who returned to racing Sept. 1 after nine years on the sidelines, won his first race since his comeback when he guided Red Oak Stable's Missed The Prom to an eight-length victory in the sixth race at the Meadowlands Oct. 17 for trainer Greg Sacco.
Herb McCauley, one of the leading jockeys at Monmouth Park in the 1980s and '90s until he was injured in 1998, said Aug. 25 that he expects to start a comeback on Labor Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares