Martha McCauley Miller, wife of the late Hall of Fame trainer MacKenzie "Mack" Miller, died March 22 at 91. Her husband died in December 2010.
- By Claire Novak
Jockey Herb McCauley, who returned to racing Sept. 1 after nine years on the sidelines, won his first race since his comeback when he guided Red Oak Stable's Missed The Prom to an eight-length victory in the sixth race at the Meadowlands Oct. 17 for trainer Greg Sacco.
Herb McCauley, one of the leading jockeys at Monmouth Park in the 1980s and '90s until he was injured in 1998, said Aug. 25 that he expects to start a comeback on Labor Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Santa Anita Reports Attendance, Handle Gains
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Delaware Park Latest Track to Boot Vazquez
- Presque Isle Alters Post Time to Combat Deer
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Tough Field Drawn for Penny Memorial at Parx