The California Horse Racing Board has established a new policy of releasing a weekly update of complaints, accusations, stewards rulings, and board decisions involving Class 1, 2, and 3 medication violations and other significant matters.
O.K. Mikie, who started his career as a bottom-level claiming horse, captured the $83,175 Golden State Mile for 3-year-olds at Golden Gate Fields Sunday.
Two North American horses, and one jockey, will compete Saturday in the international stakes races in Singapore.
Riding a two-race win streak, Western Pride entered the $300,000 Ohio Derby (gr. II) Sept. 29 at Thistledown with his guns blazing. It was to be his biggest battle to date, facing 1-5 favorite and last year's 2-year-old juvenile male champion, Macho Uno, and four other rivals.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale