Jockey Jon Court hopes to continue the success he's had with the connections of Secret Scheme in Saturday's grade III Las Flores Handicap for older fillies and mares at six furlongs over Santa Anita's main track.
Pussycat Doll, off the racing trail since winning the Humana Distaff Handicap (gr. I) May 6, returns in an ambitious spot -- Sunday's $250,000 Santa Monica Handicap (gr. I) for older fillies and mares at Santa Anita -- where she faces nine tough rivals going seven furlongs.
Behaving Badly, a winner of five of seven career starts for Santa Anita's leading trainer Bob Baffert, is expected to be a prohibitive favorite in Saturday's $100,000-added Las Flores Handicap (gr. III).
Argentine-bred Miss Terrible returned from nearly a 19-month layoff to capture the $109,600 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III), giving horse-shoer-turned-trainer Bradley Ross his first victory Sunday at Santa Anita.
On the sidelines for nearly seven months, the Bob Baffert-trained grade II winner Victory U.S.A. returns to action Sunday as the likely favorite in the $100,00 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) at Santa Anita.
Speedy Falcon and Aspen Gal, a pair of 3-year-old fillies who have dominated stakes opposition in the Midwest and Southwest, seek graded stakes stature on Sunday in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Railbird Stakes (gr. III) at seven furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell