Canadian stallions Mazel Trick and Regal Intention died in late October at Canmor Farms near Aldergrove, British Columbia.
Mazel Trick, a California track-record setter, has arrived at Lorne Embree's Canmor Farms near Aldergrove, British Columbia, Canada.
Edmund Gann's Major Success, battling between horses under Tyler Baze throughout the final furlong, outlasted his rivals by a neck to make his stakes debut a winning one for trainer Bobby Frankel in the $150,000 Palos Verdes Handicap (gr. II) at Santa Anita Park Saturday.
Mazel Trick, one of the leading freshman sires in 2003 and currently ranked fourth on the second-crop list, will relocate to Thomas Reigle's Reigle Heir Farms near Grantville, Pa.
The only thing in front of Ontheqt in Sunday's $159,900 Fanfreluche Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Woodbine was the finish line.
Grade II winner Mazel Trick's first winner came May 1 when Juventus scored at 4 1/2 furlongs
The fact that William T. Young's stallion extraordinaire Storm Cat led the Keeneland July yearling sale by average hardly sent shock waves through the industry.
Audrey Skirball-Kenis, a long-time Thoroughbred owner and philanthropist, died Wednesday in Los Angeles.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont