Heavily favored Astrology was an appropriate winner on Churchill Downs' Stars of Tomorrow card on opening day of the Louisville track's fall meet, convincingly taking the $122,300 Iroquois Stakes (gr. II) Oct. 31.
Maybesomaybenot, who won the Sanford (gr. II) this summer before tailing off in his last two, will carry top weight of 123 pounds in the $100,000 Iroquois Stakes (gr. II) on opening day of the Churchill Downs fall meet.
Carolyn and Karen Scisney's homebred Maybesomaybenot, winner of the Sanford (gr. II), headlines a field of 11 in the $400,000 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) for 2-year-olds going 1 1/16 miles on the Polytrack.
Two champions -- Gio Ponti and Informed Decision -- are among the horses scheduled to run at Keeneland this weekend as part of the Lexington track's "FallStars Weekend."
A field of nine 2-year-olds will line up for the $150,000 Sapling Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 4 at Monmouth Park, the racetrack's premier event for juvenile runners.
- By Vic Zast
Embarrassed to enter the hat contest, an elegantly dressed owner from Louisville got to hold her head up high when Maybesomaybenot won the Sanford. Read Blog
Overlooked Maybesomaybenot took the lead from the inside post for jockey Julien Leparoux and never looked back, springing a 9-1 surprise in the $150,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths July 25 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes