Dual Oaks winner Dancing Rain sold in foal to undefeated European champion Frankel for 4 million guineas ($6,869,080 in United States funds) on opening day of the Tattersalls mare sale Dec. 2 in Newmarket.
Sir Henry Cecil's Chachamaidee notched her first group I win when the stewards awarded her the victory over Duntle in the $245,500 Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes (Ire-I) at Leopardstown Sept. 8.
Outsider Was gamely held off the late charge of Shirocco Star to win the $542,500 Investec Oaks (Eng-I) by a neck at Epsom June 1.
A day after winning the Qipco Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I), Irish trainer Aidan O'Brien returned to Newmarket to capture the filly equivalent with Homecoming Queen, a nine-length surprise winner May 6.
Juddmonte Farms homebred Frankel, scintillating winner of five starts this year, took home top honors as Cartier Horse of the Year and top 3-year-old during the annual awards ceremony in London, England, Nov. 15.
Galileo, whose first runners hit the track as 2-year-olds in 2005, has reached the 100 mark by number of stakes winners.
Maybe remained undefeated and left no doubt as to who the best juvenile filly in Ireland is with a decisive victory in the $302,500 Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh Aug. 28.
La Collina rallied strongly in the final furlong to capture the $255,500 Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) by a neck over Power at the Curragh Aug. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule