Dual Oaks winner Dancing Rain sold in foal to undefeated European champion Frankel for 4 million guineas ($6,869,080 in United States funds) on opening day of the Tattersalls mare sale Dec. 2 in Newmarket.
Sir Henry Cecil's Chachamaidee notched her first group I win when the stewards awarded her the victory over Duntle in the $245,500 Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes (Ire-I) at Leopardstown Sept. 8.
Outsider Was gamely held off the late charge of Shirocco Star to win the $542,500 Investec Oaks (Eng-I) by a neck at Epsom June 1.
A day after winning the Qipco Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I), Irish trainer Aidan O'Brien returned to Newmarket to capture the filly equivalent with Homecoming Queen, a nine-length surprise winner May 6.
Juddmonte Farms homebred Frankel, scintillating winner of five starts this year, took home top honors as Cartier Horse of the Year and top 3-year-old during the annual awards ceremony in London, England, Nov. 15.
Galileo, whose first runners hit the track as 2-year-olds in 2005, has reached the 100 mark by number of stakes winners.
Maybe remained undefeated and left no doubt as to who the best juvenile filly in Ireland is with a decisive victory in the $302,500 Moyglare Stud Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh Aug. 28.
La Collina rallied strongly in the final furlong to capture the $255,500 Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) by a neck over Power at the Curragh Aug. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code
- Tapiture Breezes For Rebel Stakes
- AmWest Offers Players Chance to Help TCA
- Campaign to Expose Newcomers to Horses