Seafree, hampered by a poor start in her last start, will try to make amends in Sunday's $100,000 Hawthorne Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares on the Cushion Track at Hollywood Park.
Mea Domina, unbeaten in four starts over Santa Anita's turf course, and Attima, victorious in her only start over the surface, will share high weight of 120 pounds in Monday's President's Day running of Santa Anita's Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) for older fillies and mares at one mile.
For the first time in more than two years, trainer James Cassidy is returning to his native New York Sept. 9 to saddle Martin Kistler's Maxxi Arte in the Grade I, $250,000 Garden City Breeders' Cup Stakes for three-year-old fillies at nine furlongs over the inner turf course at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Maryland-Based Owner Arnold Heft Dies at 94
- New York Owner/Breeder Bomze Dies at 76