Global insurer Lloyd's of London presented the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture a check for $45,000 Sept. 22 in continuing support of "The Equine Disease Quarterly," an equine health research publication produced by the Department of Veterinary Science.
With opening day at Keeneland a little more than a week away, the track hosted a March 31 information meeting concerning the recent cases of strangles reported in South Florida and the Churchill Downs Trackside training center. The meeting also outlined the precautions the track is taking to ensure the disease does not spread.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move