Global insurer Lloyd's of London presented the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture a check for $45,000 Sept. 22 in continuing support of "The Equine Disease Quarterly," an equine health research publication produced by the Department of Veterinary Science.
With opening day at Keeneland a little more than a week away, the track hosted a March 31 information meeting concerning the recent cases of strangles reported in South Florida and the Churchill Downs Trackside training center. The meeting also outlined the precautions the track is taking to ensure the disease does not spread.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move