Global insurer Lloyd's of London presented the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture a check for $45,000 Sept. 22 in continuing support of "The Equine Disease Quarterly," an equine health research publication produced by the Department of Veterinary Science.
With opening day at Keeneland a little more than a week away, the track hosted a March 31 information meeting concerning the recent cases of strangles reported in South Florida and the Churchill Downs Trackside training center. The meeting also outlined the precautions the track is taking to ensure the disease does not spread.
Most Popular Stories
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Woobine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- American Gaming Association Adds Churchill
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Finger Lakes Launches ADW Site
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study