Global insurer Lloyd's of London presented the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture a check for $45,000 Sept. 22 in continuing support of "The Equine Disease Quarterly," an equine health research publication produced by the Department of Veterinary Science.
With opening day at Keeneland a little more than a week away, the track hosted a March 31 information meeting concerning the recent cases of strangles reported in South Florida and the Churchill Downs Trackside training center. The meeting also outlined the precautions the track is taking to ensure the disease does not spread.
Most Popular Stories
- Benzel to Handle de Sousa's Book in NY
- Promising Youth on Display in Futurity
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- KY Downs Ready for Meet With Record Purses
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- CHRB Committee Advances New Lasix Proposal
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale