Global insurer Lloyd's of London presented the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture a check for $45,000 Sept. 22 in continuing support of "The Equine Disease Quarterly," an equine health research publication produced by the Department of Veterinary Science.
With opening day at Keeneland a little more than a week away, the track hosted a March 31 information meeting concerning the recent cases of strangles reported in South Florida and the Churchill Downs Trackside training center. The meeting also outlined the precautions the track is taking to ensure the disease does not spread.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Blue Kitten Takes United Nations
- Shaman Ghost Rallies to Take Queen's Plate
- Filly is First Winner for Albertus Maximus
- Favorite Tale Upsets Champion Work All Week
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Bradester Too Strong in Salvator Mile
- Grand Bili Upsets Barbados in Carry Back
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Merry Meadow Wins Princess Rooney in Return
- Go Blue Or Go Home Claims Highlander Again