Ken and Sarah Ramsey's multiple grade I winner Stephanie's Kitten returns in the June 5 New York Stakes (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park. The daughter of Kitten's Joy won Tampa Bay's Hillsborough Stakes (gr. III) last time out.
Bethlehem Stables, Michael Dubb, and Highclere America's Rosalind snapped a six-race losing streak when she held off the late run of Maximova to take the $200,000 Sheepshead Bay Stakes (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park May 2.
Christophe Clement is enjoying the best year of his career since going out on his own in 1991 with almost $9 million in purse earnings, including a first victory in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) with Tonalist.
With the benefit of a perfect ground-saving trip under John Velazquez, Aigue Marine rallied up the rail to catch favored Danza Cavallo in the $200,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) on yielding turf Nov. 8 at Aqueduct.
Coming off a victory in the Noble Damsel Stakes (gr. IIIT) in her U.S. debut, George Bolton and Peter Leidel's Annecdote tops a solid field of 12 older fillies and mares entered in the Athenia Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Filling the void left when his half-brother Malibu Moon was recently moved to Castleton Lyons Farm near Lexington, Parker's Storm Cat will enter stud in 2004 at the Pons family's Country Life Farm near Bel Air, Md. The son of Storm Cat's fee will be $3,000.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- Palace Malice Earns Bullet in Saratoga Breeze
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers
- Trainer Chay Knight Dies at 80
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Casual Smile Continues Roll in Matchmaker
- Bradester Carries on in Monmouth Cup
- Heart to Heart Wires Oceanport
- 'Maria' Continues to Amaze in Rothschild Win