Christophe Clement is enjoying the best year of his career since going out on his own in 1991 with almost $9 million in purse earnings, including a first victory in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) with Tonalist.
With the benefit of a perfect ground-saving trip under John Velazquez, Aigue Marine rallied up the rail to catch favored Danza Cavallo in the $200,000 Long Island Handicap (gr. IIIT) on yielding turf Nov. 8 at Aqueduct.
Coming off a victory in the Noble Damsel Stakes (gr. IIIT) in her U.S. debut, George Bolton and Peter Leidel's Annecdote tops a solid field of 12 older fillies and mares entered in the Athenia Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Filling the void left when his half-brother Malibu Moon was recently moved to Castleton Lyons Farm near Lexington, Parker's Storm Cat will enter stud in 2004 at the Pons family's Country Life Farm near Bel Air, Md. The son of Storm Cat's fee will be $3,000.
Most Popular Stories
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- Charles Town, Oaklawn, Laurel Cancel Cards