After a prolonged duel, Sanford Goldfarb's Loving narrowly defeated Private Lap to take the $100,000 Brandywine Handicap at Delaware Park Saturday.
Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes winner Funny Cide drew the number five post position and was installed as the 8-5 morning-line favorite when seven horses were entered for Sunday's $1-million Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
A field of seven 3-year-olds is expected for Sunday's $1 million Haskell Invitational (gr. I) at Monmouth Park, topped by Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner Funny Cide.
The 3-year-old stars were on parade Saturday morning at Saratoga, as Peace Rules and Sky Mesa worked 5 furlongs for next Sunday's $1 million Haskell Invitational, and Empire Maker worked 6 furlongs for the Jim Dandy Stakes the same day.
Max Forever outran favorite Christine's Outlaw in the stretch Saturday to win the $100,000 Long Branch Breeders' Cup at Monmouth Park.
Alysweep led every step of the way, drawing away in the stretch to capture Sunday's $200,000 Gotham Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct Park.
Headed by Cherokee's Boy, a field of 11 has been entered for Sunday's Gotham Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct, a traditional prep for the track's grade I Wood Memorial on April 12.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Tepin Among Stakes Nominees at Keeneland
- Black Heart Bart, Bon Aurum Win at Caulfield
- 'Lion' Front-Running Upsetter in Middle Park
- Flintshire Among First 'Super Saturday' Cast
- Lexie Lou to Keeneland November
- Beholder Logs Final Work for Zenyatta