Despite being 10 lengths back with a half mile to go, Zenyatta gobbled ground easily to win the Breeders' Cup Ladies Classic (gr. I). She is now undefeated in nine career starts. Cocoa Beach was second with Music Note in third.
Undefeated Zenyatta overcame a bump at the start to record her fifth consecutive victory, winning the $183,300 Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) the way a 3-10 shot should May 31 at Hollywood Park.
Balance, the nation's leading 3-year-old filly last year before going off kilter, continued her ascent toward the top of the older female division on Saturday while overcoming obstacles to win Santa Anita's $300,000 Santa Margarita Invitational Handicap (gr. I) at 1 1/8 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Slimmed Down Racing May Be Finding Its Footing
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York