Eblouissante, a half sister to Horse of the Year Zenyatta, captivated attendees of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale when the daughter of Bernardini commanded a price of $2.1 million Nov. 5.
A Gallery of 16 of this year's top stallions. View Slideshow
Maverick, a half brother to Eclipse Award winner Silver Charm, and Sequoyah, who is out of champion Chilukki, will stand in 2011 at Tim Keeley's Sugar Cane Stables near Lake Charles, La.
Zenyatta tied Citation and Cigar with her 16th consecutive win April 9 in the $500,000 Apple Blossom Invitational (gr. I), blowing past her four rivals under Mike Smith at Oaklawn Park for another easy victory.
Balance, a grade I winner and half-sister to unbeaten champion Zenyatta, foaled her first offspring, an A.P. Indy colt, Jan. 18.
With the second week of the Keeneland September yearling sale drawing to a close, numbers continue to be down, though buyers and consignors are still claiming it's a strong market for a quality horse.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Black Type On the Line in Indiana Oaks
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive