Maurice Zilber, who trained international great Dahlia, has died at age 88.
French invader Sunny Sky, third-place finisher in the Generous Stakes (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-olds on turf Saturday, will remain in California and test dirt for the first time in the Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) at 1 1/16 miles on Dec. 18, according to trainer Maurice Zilber.
Hollywood Park's Turf Festival, presented this year by John Deere, a three-day series of six graded grass stakes worth $1.85 million, gets underway on Friday with a pair of grade III events on the grass, the $150,000 Hollywood Turf Express and $100,000 Miesque.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law
- Churchill Releases First Quarter Earnings
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition