Maurice W. Miller III, a successful Kentucky pinhooker, died Oct. 4 in Lexington.
One month after a record-setting victory in her debut at Arlington Park, Dawnie Macho made a successful transition to California, leading throughout to win the $100,000 Landaluce Stakes July 11 at Hollywood Park.
Grade I winner and Canadian champion Perfect Soul came through with his first winner July 26.
A muscular bay Tale of the Cat colt shattered the record for a 2-year-old in training sold at public auction Tuesday when his price soared to $5.2-million during the Fasig-Tipton Florida select juvenile auction at Calder Race Course.
Be Gentle, a multiple grade II winner, has been retired from racing because of a fracture to her right front ankle sustained while winning the Nov. 29 Golden Rod Stakes (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
A chestnut daughter of Mr. Greeley who was one of the last horses through the ring during Thursday's Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July yearling sale in Lexington, Ky. ended up bringing the session's top price of $500,000.
One day after the stock market plunged dramatically, business at the Barretts Equine Ltd.'s March select sale of 2-year-olds in training suffered significant setbacks. Gross revenue dropped by 33.8%, and the average and median prices fell by 27.2% and 44.0%, respectively. The buy-back rate was 45.4%, reaching the second-highest level in the auction's history.
Colts by Bertrando and Cherokee Run turned in the fastest workouts on March 5 at the under tack show for the Barretts March select sale of 2-year-olds in training in Southern California. The Bertrando colt, who is named Ashen, covered an eighth of a mile in :10.1, and the Cherokee Run colt breezed a quarter mile in :21.9.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered