Atlantic City Race Course wrapped up its six-day turf meet with large crowds and what was said to be the largest crowd at the New Jersey track in 25 years.
Though the specifics of the Monmouth Park racing schedule for 2012 are undecided, Atlantic City Race Course will offer the customary six days of all turf racing this spring.
A racetrack whose obituary was written more than 10 years ago finds itself in the odd situation of being the most stable track in New Jersey -- for now at least -- as it prepares to open its 65th season April 28.
Atlantic City Race Course is again making a pitch to expand its racing days but says it needs several million dollars a year in additional purse money.
Atlantic City Race Course ended its six-day meet April 24 with encouraging gains in a critical year for Thoroughbred racing in New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- OBS Spring Sale to Test Depth of Juvenile Market
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Multiplier Steps Up His Game in Illinois Derby
- Call To Mind Delivers Late Birthday Gift to The Queen
- Cloud Computing to Bypass KY Derby, Point for Preakness
- Gormley Works Smartly at Santa Anita
- Twisted Tom Takes Sloppy Tesio
- Finest City, Songbird Drill Toward Spring Starts