Atlantic City Race Course wrapped up its six-day turf meet with large crowds and what was said to be the largest crowd at the New Jersey track in 25 years.
Though the specifics of the Monmouth Park racing schedule for 2012 are undecided, Atlantic City Race Course will offer the customary six days of all turf racing this spring.
A racetrack whose obituary was written more than 10 years ago finds itself in the odd situation of being the most stable track in New Jersey -- for now at least -- as it prepares to open its 65th season April 28.
Atlantic City Race Course is again making a pitch to expand its racing days but says it needs several million dollars a year in additional purse money.
Atlantic City Race Course ended its six-day meet April 24 with encouraging gains in a critical year for Thoroughbred racing in New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- Take Charge Brandi On Oaks Path, Lukas Says
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Pletcher's Donn Quartet Breeze at Palm Beach
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase