Tattersalls finished its Thursday last night with 185 million guineas turnover as its December sale concluded.
Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy has not finished serving his prison sentence for bank fraud, conspiracy, and bribery convictions. But he attended this year's Keeneland September yearling sale, saying he was helping someone look at horses to buy.
Six-year-old Harlan Traveler, twice graded stakes-placed, will enter stud at Fox Run Farm near Benton, La.
A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Roger Clinton, half-brother to former President Bill Clinton, is being investigated by a House of Representatives committee for allegedly being paid to help J.T. Lundy, former president of Calumet Farm, get clemency, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy got a four and half year prison sentence for defrauding a Houston bank out of $65 million. Gary Matthews, the farm's former chief financial officer, got 21 months. Alydar became part of the hearing, but the judge found no conclusive evidence the stallion was killed for insurance money, as federal prosecutors alleged.
A federal prosecutor wants a Houston judge to punish J.T. Lundy for executing a plan to kill Alydar for insurance money.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby