The Breeders' Cup announced May 7 that Robert N. Elliston, president and CEO of Turfway Park since 1999, has been named chief operating officer of Breeders' Cup Ltd.
The committee formed to seek a replacement for Breeders' Cup president and CEO Greg Avioli has engaged executive search firm Spencer Stuart to manage the process, the Breeders' Cup announced March 28.
Tom Ludt, a Breeders' Cup director, will chair the organization's search committee for a successor to president and CEO Greg Avioli.
Bally Technologies announced March 30 that its new Breeders' Cup video slot game is debuting at casinos and racinos throughout the country.
The Breeders' Cup board of directors approved core components of the organization's long-term strategic plan Dec. 11 at its December meeting in Lexington, Ky., Breeders' Cup announced.
Breeders' Cup, under fire for a plan to suspend the Breeders' Cup Stakes program, issued a memorandum Dec. 18 that in part explains the organization's financial situation and investment strategy.
Matthew Lutz has been named chief financial officer of Breeders' Cup, the organization announced Oct. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos