Jockey Javier Castellano will be off his scheduled mounts Nov. 14 at Aqueduct Racetrack, a day after he was unseated following the conclusion of the ninth race.
Jockey Javier Castellano has committed to ride Fox Hill Farms' Wood Memorial (gr. I) runner-up Normandy Invasion in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Jockey Rajiv Maragh is scheduled to return to the races Feb. 28, a little less than two months after sustaining a hairline fracture to the T3 vertebrae of his upper back in a Dec. 31 spill at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Rajiv Maragh, who was involved in a spill in the second race at Aqueduct Racetrack Dec. 31, will be sidelined at least two weeks with a hairline fracture of the T3 vertebrae in his upper back.
Jockey Javier Castellano broke the record for most wins during a Gulfstream meet March 17 when he won his 98th race of the season.
Jockey Javier Castellano rode the 3,000th winner of his career Feb. 24 at Gulfstream Park, guiding Virtuously to a late-closing victory in the sixth race.
What went into Javier Castellano's decision to drop Union Rags? read blog
Monzon, who finished sixth in the May 14 Peter Pan Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park and is being pointed for the June 11 Belmont Stakes (gr. I), worked six furlongs in 1:16 May 31, according to Daily Racing Form.
Jockey Javier Castellano got off to a blazing start July 25 at Saratoga Race Course, sweeping the early Pick 4 en route to five consecutive wins on the card.
Eibar Coa splits with agent Matt Muzikar, hires Drew Mollica to handle his book.
Jockey Eibar Coa became the fourth jockey since 1940 to win 300 races on the New York circuit in one year when he rode Acclaimed Racing Stable's Significant Other, trained by Steven Krebs, to victory in the fourth race at Aqueduct on Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- Parranda Seeks More Gulf Glory in Honey Fox