Dr. E.C. "Pug" and Susie Hart came to the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale looking for a replacement for their late mare Miz United States, and left with Dixie Victory, who topped the penultimate Jan. 12 session at $100,000.
Matt Koch co-owns Shawhan Place near Paris, Ky.
About midway through the fourth session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale Nov. 7, a Hard Spun mare named Harriet, in foal to Uncle Mo, had registered the highest price of $350,000.
Ted Kuster and Matt Koch's Shawhan Place, which sold a $360,000 Medaglia d'Oro filly at Fasig-Tipton's October sale, is a growing operation in Kentucky's Bourbon County.
The advisory committee for the Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund said Oct. 10 it plans to examine the structure of the program as it relates to the percentage of fund participants that contribute revenue.
The Kentucky Breeders Incentive Fund could be reduced by 30% because of declining revenue, while horse farms "can't withstand another year like 2009," Kentucky lawmakers were told Nov. 10 during a meeting of the Joint Subcommittee on Horse Farming.
Don Blowe never guessed that Halo Silver, who quickly proved she was a valuable producer, would be fighting for her life. But thanks to the generosity of a Kentucky veterinarian, who donated his services to help the daughter of Silver Buck, her story will hopefully have a happy ending.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory