Arctic Bright, a rare all-white horse, is slated to make his first start at Turfway Park March 19.
Royale Michele, winner of the 2009 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) and an earner of more than $230,000, has been retired from racing, it was announced Feb. 16.
A bang-up edition of the Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) has attracted eight fillies and mares led by New York shipper Seventh Street, grade I winner Dream Rush, and By the Light from the powerful Richard Dutrow stable. All three will vie for favoritism in the seven-furlong main track test Feb. 14 at Laurel Park.
At The Moment Stables' Lady Belsara, the Keeneland track record-holder for 6 1/2 furlongs on Polytrack, has been retired, according to Steve Kintz, father of trainer Matt Kintz.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- Fair Grounds to Host 'Rosie Day' Feb. 21
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop