Teaming with trainer Keith Desormeaux, who buys his horses at auction, Matt Bryan and his Big Chief Racing stable are riding high with Exaggerator in the Kentucky Derby.
Swipe, a four-time runner-up to Nyquist in graded stakes last year, is the 9-5 morning-line favorite in the April 16 Lexington Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Ive Struck a Nerve, the 135-1 upset winner of the Feb. 23 Risen Star Stakes (gr. II), sustained an ankle injury during a workout the morning of March 9 and is off the Triple Crown trail.
Though virtually assured of a starting slot in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), trainer Keith Desormeaux says he plans to run Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) winner Ive Struck a Nerve in the Louisiana Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf