Teaming with trainer Keith Desormeaux, who buys his horses at auction, Matt Bryan and his Big Chief Racing stable are riding high with Exaggerator in the Kentucky Derby.
Swipe, a four-time runner-up to Nyquist in graded stakes last year, is the 9-5 morning-line favorite in the April 16 Lexington Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland.
Ive Struck a Nerve, the 135-1 upset winner of the Feb. 23 Risen Star Stakes (gr. II), sustained an ankle injury during a workout the morning of March 9 and is off the Triple Crown trail.
Though virtually assured of a starting slot in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), trainer Keith Desormeaux says he plans to run Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) winner Ive Struck a Nerve in the Louisiana Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Connections of Uncle Lino, Laoban Regroup
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness
- Young Buys Malibu Moon Filly for $500,000
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt Sells for $600,000
- Medaglia d’Oro Colt Tops F-T Midlantic Opener
- The Ex Terminator