Jockey Chris McCarron has resigned from the Youbet.com board of directors because of increasing demands from the Jockey's Guild.
The Jockeys' Guild wants the racing community to help build a $10 million endowment that will provide long-term support for its disabled jockeys program
John Giovanni, former head of the Jockeys' Guild, filed a lawsuit Sept. 20 alleging that he was slandered by Guild officers and illegally forced out of his position in June.
The Lexington, Ky.-based Jockeys' Guild has dismissed its six office workers and six regional directors as a management team running the organization reviews its finances.
The Jockeys' Guild announced Saturday it has acquired the services of Matrix Capital Associates, Inc., a professional management consulting company led by Dr. L. Wayne Gertmenian, to manage the organization's operations, effective immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry