Jockey Chris McCarron has resigned from the Youbet.com board of directors because of increasing demands from the Jockey's Guild.
The Jockeys' Guild wants the racing community to help build a $10 million endowment that will provide long-term support for its disabled jockeys program
John Giovanni, former head of the Jockeys' Guild, filed a lawsuit Sept. 20 alleging that he was slandered by Guild officers and illegally forced out of his position in June.
The Lexington, Ky.-based Jockeys' Guild has dismissed its six office workers and six regional directors as a management team running the organization reviews its finances.
The Jockeys' Guild announced Saturday it has acquired the services of Matrix Capital Associates, Inc., a professional management consulting company led by Dr. L. Wayne Gertmenian, to manage the organization's operations, effective immediately.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing