A New Hampshire Senate committee voted 4-1 to recommend passage of a bill that would allow the state to authorize two casinos. But the bill will be tabled while the House considers any expansion of gambling.
The Massachusetts Gaming Commission Dec. 10 decided that another referendum must be held in the city of Revere on a proposed $1 billion casino for Suffolk Downs and partner Mohegan Sun.
Suffolk Downs could soon be facing stiff competition for the sole destination-resort casino license to be awarded in the designated Boston area now that major Las Vegas developer Steve Wynn is interested in entering the fray.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn
- Graham, Amoss, Moss Take FG Meet Titles
- Roodle & Riddle, EquiMarker Analytics Partner