St Nicholas Abbey took the lead two furlongs from the wire and stormed home an easy winner in the $465,000 Diamond Jubilee Coronation Cup (Eng-I) at Epsom June 2.
Australian superstar So You Think and defending champion Workforce appear set to clash once again as a field of 16 runners were declared for the $5,437,800 Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) Oct. 2.
Bred for stamina top and bottom, Montjeu never would have had a chance had he stood in North America. But Europe is a different world in Thoroughbred breeding.
Jukebox Jury and Duncan provided a scintillating finish to the $296,000 Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I), hitting the wire together to dead-heat in the last Irish classic race of the season Sept. 10.
Masked Marvel drew clear in the final furlong on his way to a decisive three-length victory in the $780,000 Ladbrokes St. Leger Stakes (Eng-I) at Doncaster Racecourse Sept. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- R Free Roll Aims to Tumble Sugar Swirl Rivals
- The Handicapping Show: CashCall Futurity
- CA Stakes Winner Gig Harbor to Victory Rose
- Engaging On-Track Fans With Social Games
- Genetics Behind Horses' Face and Leg Markings Studied
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds