Sadamu Patek held back determined favorite Grand Prix Boss and captured the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) on Nov. 18 at Kyoto for a breakthrough win at the top level.
Lightly regarded A Shin Forward took the lead 100 meters from the wire and held off favored Danon Yoyo in a driving finish to win the $2.3 million Mile Championship (Jpn-I) at Japan's Kyoto Racecourse Nov. 21.
On Dec. 2 at Hanshin Racecourse, a one-two upset by dark horses paired with foreign riders Olivier Peslier and Kieren Fallon translated into big winnings at the betting windows.
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Nabs Texas Red in San Vicente
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- Pletcher's Donn Quartet Breezes at Palm Beach
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- Hard to Stay Notgo Romps in Franklin Square
- Take Charge Brandi On Oaks Path, Lukas Says
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- Maryland Positives for Compounded Drug Found
- California Chrome Works February 1, 2015
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes