A Deep Impact filly out of U.S. grade I winner Weemissfrankie sold for the highest price of Ã‚Â¥180 million ($1.46 million) July 14 at the foal session of the Japan Racing Horse Association select sale in Hokkaido.
The Japan Racing Horse Association (JRHA) foal sale suffered downturns of 33.1% in gross and 32.3% in average during its two-day run that ended July 15 at the Northern Horse Park on the Japanese island of Hokkaido. The three-day gross for the foal and yearling sales combined was down 21.4% from the previous year and the average fell 21.9%.
Monday's opening session of the Japan Racing Horse Association's two-day select sale of foals saw a steep drop at the top end but strength in the middle market as buyers continue to adjust to the post-Sunday Silence era in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win