The Japan Racing Horse Association (JRHA) foal sale suffered downturns of 33.1% in gross and 32.3% in average during its two-day run that ended July 15 at the Northern Horse Park on the Japanese island of Hokkaido. The three-day gross for the foal and yearling sales combined was down 21.4% from the previous year and the average fell 21.9%.
Monday's opening session of the Japan Racing Horse Association's two-day select sale of foals saw a steep drop at the top end but strength in the middle market as buyers continue to adjust to the post-Sunday Silence era in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Secret Circle Powers Home in Golden Shaheen
- Sole Power Drives to Al Quoz Sprint Win
- Solow All Alone in Dubai Turf
- Brown Panther Pounces in Dubai Gold Cup
- Tamarkuz Takes Godolphin Mile Thriller
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day