A Deep Impact filly out of U.S. grade I winner Weemissfrankie sold for the highest price of Ã‚Â¥180 million ($1.46 million) July 14 at the foal session of the Japan Racing Horse Association select sale in Hokkaido.
The Japan Racing Horse Association (JRHA) foal sale suffered downturns of 33.1% in gross and 32.3% in average during its two-day run that ended July 15 at the Northern Horse Park on the Japanese island of Hokkaido. The three-day gross for the foal and yearling sales combined was down 21.4% from the previous year and the average fell 21.9%.
Monday's opening session of the Japan Racing Horse Association's two-day select sale of foals saw a steep drop at the top end but strength in the middle market as buyers continue to adjust to the post-Sunday Silence era in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan