A Deep Impact filly out of U.S. grade I winner Weemissfrankie sold for the highest price of Ã‚Â¥180 million ($1.46 million) July 14 at the foal session of the Japan Racing Horse Association select sale in Hokkaido.
The Japan Racing Horse Association (JRHA) foal sale suffered downturns of 33.1% in gross and 32.3% in average during its two-day run that ended July 15 at the Northern Horse Park on the Japanese island of Hokkaido. The three-day gross for the foal and yearling sales combined was down 21.4% from the previous year and the average fell 21.9%.
Monday's opening session of the Japan Racing Horse Association's two-day select sale of foals saw a steep drop at the top end but strength in the middle market as buyers continue to adjust to the post-Sunday Silence era in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death