The Japan Racing Horse Association (JRHA) foal sale suffered downturns of 33.1% in gross and 32.3% in average during its two-day run that ended July 15 at the Northern Horse Park on the Japanese island of Hokkaido. The three-day gross for the foal and yearling sales combined was down 21.4% from the previous year and the average fell 21.9%.
Monday's opening session of the Japan Racing Horse Association's two-day select sale of foals saw a steep drop at the top end but strength in the middle market as buyers continue to adjust to the post-Sunday Silence era in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Valid Breaks Through With Monmouth Cup Win
- Guys Reward Finds Path to Oceanport Tally
- Starstruck Back to Winning Ways in Matchmaker
- Ageless Equals Course Record in Royal North
- Wicked Strong Gets Redemption in Jim Dandy