The second season of horse racing in Maryland gets underway Aug. 22 with nine races at the Maryland State Fair at Timonium.
With his front-running 6 1/2-length victory at the Maryland State Fair in Timonium, Rapid Redux joined a couple of all-time greats with his 16th consecutive victory Sept. 4.
Live racing returns to Maryland after a three-month break when the Maryland State Fair at Timonium meet kicks off Aug. 26 for a seven-day meet just north of Baltimore.
The sale pavilion where Fasig-Tipton's Midlantic division conducts its auctions will undergo "positive cosmetic changes" during a renovation that will begin following the winter mixed sale in December, according to Fasig-Tipton's director of marketing,
Live racing returns to Laurel Park Sept. 5 on the heels of the Maryland State Fair meet, which continues through Sept. 3 at Timonium.
The Maryland State Fair at Timonium will host eight days of Thoroughbred racing, beginning Saturday through Labor Day, Sept. 5.
The Maryland State Fair at Timonium will host eight days of Thoroughbred racing, featuring two stakes Aug. 28 through Labor Day, Sept. 6. The two stakes for Maryland-breds are the $50,000 Alma North and the $50,000 Taking Risk Stakes.
A plan is in the works to allow the state of Maryland, not racetrack owners, own slot-machine operations and hire members of the private sector to operate them.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- HRTV to Air Penn National Gaming Challenge
- Ohio Plans to Test Horses for Cobalt Levels
- Lurie Joins Hoosier Park, Indiana Grand Teams
- Corinthian Colt Paces F-T Texas Sale
- The Truth Or Else Adds Blinkers for AR Derby
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- NYRA Board Taps Bonomo as New Chairman
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass