The Maryland Jockey Club announced April 7 that it has begun the final preparations for the new turf course at Laurel Park.
With eleven fewer racing days than in 2003, the Maryland Jockey Club announced its total handle declined 4% in 2004. All sources handle totaled $868.1 million as compared to $905.7 million from the same period in 2003. The daily average handle from all sources decreased 2% from $3.48 million to $3.41million. For the fourth consecutive year, the daily average handle on the export signal increased, this time by 4%.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Average, Median Rise at Doncaster Sale
- Smart Strike Stallion Sons
- Glen Hill Farm to Sponsor One Dreamer Stakes
- First Winner for Desert Key
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Swagger Jack Moves to Dana Point
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Seth Hancock Named Keeneland Trustee
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast