Dr. James Bryant and Linda Davis couldn't just move on with their lives after their homebred Page McKenney was claimed in July 2013 to race for Adam Staple and trainer Mary Eppler.
Page McKenney, who developed into a genuine stakes horse with lifetime earnings over $1 million, was named the Maryland-based horse of the year for 2015 by the Maryland Racing Media Association.
Awad and Little Bold John are the newest inductees into the Maryland-bred Thoroughbred Hall of Fame.
The Maryland Horse Breeders Association and Maryland Racing Media Association announced the 12-horse inaugural class of the Maryland-bred Thoroughbred Hall of Fame.
The Maryland Racing Media Association will award $32,750 in scholarships at its annual crab feast Oct. 27 in the Carriage Room at Laurel Park. This brings the total distribution of the MRMA scholarship program over the past three years to $100,000.
Fitzhugh LLC's Sticky appeared to be beaten at the top of the lane, but she found another gear in deep stretch to win Saturday's $85,000 Maryland Racing Media Handicap for fillies and mares by a half-length at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby