Jack's in the Deck and jockey Forest Boyce won a stretch duel with 3-5 favorite Ben's Cat for a game nose victory in the $100,000 Maryland Million Sprint at Laurel Park Oct. 17.
Rebecca Davis' Not Abroad, an 8-year-old Not For Love horse who returned Oct. 2 after almost three years away from the races, is one of 11 entered in the $150,000 Maryland Million Classic, which he won in 2012.
The 26th Jim McKay Maryland Million attracted 111 entrants to the 11-race program which will be held Oct. 1 at Laurel Park. The total purses are worth more than $1 million.
In his final tune-up before next month's Maryland Million Sprint, Crossing Point established a five-furlong track record with a front-running victory at Pimlico Sunday in a $50,000 optional allowance/claimer which featured four stakes winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud