The Stronach Group, which owns Laurel Park and Pimlico Race Course in Maryland, is part of a group that has filed an application to construct a video lottery terminal casino in downtown Baltimore.
The Pimlico Special (gr. I), a historically-significant race for older horses, returns after a year off. The 1 3/16-mile race, sponsored by the Maryland Lottery, will be run the day before the Preakness (gr. I) at "Old Hilltop."
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby