Laurel Park ends it meet Dec. 17 with division-ending stakes for 2-year-olds, the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Championship and the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship.
Runnin Cardinal Stable and C.E. Glasscock's Somethinaboutbetty took the lead early under jockey Mike Luzzi and was kept to her task to the wire as she galloped to victory in the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship for registered state-bred 2-year-olds at Laurel Park Monday.
After winning all her preliminary bouts, Celestial Legend goes into the main event as the overwhelming 7-5 morning line choice to win the $75,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship, scheduled as the sixth race on Monday at Laurel Park.
Dixie Talking was unraced at the beginning of December and a stakes winner at year's end when she beat seven other Maryland-bred fillies in Thursday's $100,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship.
The $100,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship Wednesday at Laurel Park figured to be a one horse affair, but when that one horse faltered, the door opened for Pour It On, who rallied along the rail to post a 36-1 upset score.
The 2003 racing season ends at Laurel Park on Wednesday with a pair of $100,000 stakes races for Maryland-bred juveniles.
When the leader came off the rail directly in front of Shipp & Polk's Coquettish, the Not For Love filly shot through the inviting opening and powered her way to an impressive three-length score in Tuesday's $100,000 Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Cat's Claw Seeks Four in a Row in Glens Falls
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- Torrey Pines: Jojo Warrior, Fashion Plate Vie
- Enterprising Chases Sweep in Del Mar Derby
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station