The Maryland House of Delegates passed a measure Nov. 16 to authorize a November 2008 referendum on slot machines in the state.
The Maryland House of Delegates put off voting on whether the state should have a referendum on slot-machine gambling after a day of changes in the proposal Nov. 15. The issue is on the agenda when the House reconvenes Nov. 16.
The Maryland House of Delegates has rejected a series of amendments offered by gambling opponents, setting the stage for a final vote Feb. 25 on a bill to legalize 9,500 slot machines at four locations in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic