The Maryland House of Delegates passed a measure Nov. 16 to authorize a November 2008 referendum on slot machines in the state.
The Maryland House of Delegates put off voting on whether the state should have a referendum on slot-machine gambling after a day of changes in the proposal Nov. 15. The issue is on the agenda when the House reconvenes Nov. 16.
The Maryland House of Delegates has rejected a series of amendments offered by gambling opponents, setting the stage for a final vote Feb. 25 on a bill to legalize 9,500 slot machines at four locations in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- HRTV to Air Penn National Gaming Challenge
- Ohio Plans to Test Horses for Cobalt Levels
- Lurie Joins Hoosier Park, Indiana Grand Teams
- Corinthian Colt Paces F-T Texas Sale
- The Truth Or Else Adds Blinkers for AR Derby
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- NYRA Board Taps Bonomo as New Chairman
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass