The Maryland House of Delegates passed a measure Nov. 16 to authorize a November 2008 referendum on slot machines in the state.
The Maryland House of Delegates put off voting on whether the state should have a referendum on slot-machine gambling after a day of changes in the proposal Nov. 15. The issue is on the agenda when the House reconvenes Nov. 16.
The Maryland House of Delegates has rejected a series of amendments offered by gambling opponents, setting the stage for a final vote Feb. 25 on a bill to legalize 9,500 slot machines at four locations in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Lenny's Place: Hall of Fame Edition
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest