The Maryland House of Delegates passed a measure Nov. 16 to authorize a November 2008 referendum on slot machines in the state.
The Maryland House of Delegates put off voting on whether the state should have a referendum on slot-machine gambling after a day of changes in the proposal Nov. 15. The issue is on the agenda when the House reconvenes Nov. 16.
The Maryland House of Delegates has rejected a series of amendments offered by gambling opponents, setting the stage for a final vote Feb. 25 on a bill to legalize 9,500 slot machines at four locations in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16