The Maryland House of Delegates passed a measure Nov. 16 to authorize a November 2008 referendum on slot machines in the state.
The Maryland House of Delegates put off voting on whether the state should have a referendum on slot-machine gambling after a day of changes in the proposal Nov. 15. The issue is on the agenda when the House reconvenes Nov. 16.
The Maryland House of Delegates has rejected a series of amendments offered by gambling opponents, setting the stage for a final vote Feb. 25 on a bill to legalize 9,500 slot machines at four locations in the state.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Keeneland Secures Seventh Simulcast Award
- Galileo Colt Leads Strong Goffs Orby Session