The Maryland Horse Industry Board presented Touch of Class awards to trainer H. Graham Motion, jockey Mario Pino, and author Patrick Smithwick Jr. at a May 14 ceremony in Silver Spring.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley appointed two new members and reappointed three current members to the Maryland Industry Horse Board, which represents equine activities and organizations throughout the state.
The Maryland Horse Industry Board honors Rapid Redux with a monthly "Touch of Class" award during a "Night of Maryland Horse Racings Champions" March 20 in Baltimore.
Trainer Graham Motion received the Maryland Horse Industry Board's first "Touch of Class" Award, it was announced Sept. 6.
The Maryland Horse Industry Board will be accepting grant applications for non-profit research, educational, and promotional equine activities, beginning Aug. 1.
Statistics released by the Maryland Horse Industry Board show the equine industry in the state has assets worth about $5.6 billion, and that Thoroughbreds lead the way by population of breed.
Maryland horse racing needs improved marketing, quality facilities, and better racing, according to a report released Dec. 1 by the Maryland Horse Industry Board.
Today, nearly 250 leaders in Maryland horse racing, recreational and competitive riding, training, boarding stables, veterinary services, agriculture, tourism, and support industries are gathering to lay the groundwork to strengthen the equine industry well into the future. Initiated by Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich, Jr., and developed by a committee of the Maryland Horse Industry Board, the forum provides a way for participants to identify solutions to challenges facing the equine industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf