King T. Leatherbury's homebred gelding Ben's Cat was named 2012 Maryland-bred Horse of the Year in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
King T. Leatherbury's homebred gelding Ben's Cat swept three divisional categories: older male, turf runner, and sprinter, and was named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year of 2011.
Maryland racing commissioner Terry Saxon said Nov. 8 he would make a proposal for the commission to decide Maryland's racing dates, stabling, and expense-sharing issues at the panel's Dec. 13 meeting if a unified plan hasn't been developed by then.
A bay son Cryptoclearance out of Lady Tiara was selected as the Grand Champion at the Maryland Horse Breeders Association yearling show June 26 by successful trainer Ben Perkins Sr.
Davy Jones at the High Hope Steeplechase this weekend...Belmont Stakes Festival underway...Horses of the Civil War to open at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Blingismything Rallies to Capture Wilshire
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Jacobson, Cruz Take Aqueduct Spring Titles
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Possessed, Take Issue Win NY Stallion Stakes
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Ready's Image Filly Tops Breezes for LA Sale
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires