King T. Leatherbury's homebred gelding Ben's Cat was named 2012 Maryland-bred Horse of the Year in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
King T. Leatherbury's homebred gelding Ben's Cat swept three divisional categories: older male, turf runner, and sprinter, and was named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year of 2011.
Maryland racing commissioner Terry Saxon said Nov. 8 he would make a proposal for the commission to decide Maryland's racing dates, stabling, and expense-sharing issues at the panel's Dec. 13 meeting if a unified plan hasn't been developed by then.
A bay son Cryptoclearance out of Lady Tiara was selected as the Grand Champion at the Maryland Horse Breeders Association yearling show June 26 by successful trainer Ben Perkins Sr.
Davy Jones at the High Hope Steeplechase this weekend...Belmont Stakes Festival underway...Horses of the Civil War to open at the Kentucky Horse Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile