Waquoit, a stalwart within the Maryland stallion ranks, was euthanized June 14 at Northview Stallion Station in Chesapeake City, Md., due to complications from the infirmities of old age. The son of Relaunch was 24.
Last fall, E. Allen Murray, and his wife, Audrey, took a chance on purchasing the young Kentucky stallion Our Emblem and standing him at their Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md. All Our Emblem has done since then is have his name thrust into the national spotlight as the sire of Kentucky Derby winner War Emblem and Triple Crown contender Private Emblem.
The Pons' family's Country Life Farm of Bel Air, Md. announced Friday the acquistion of Merryland Farm, a 159-acre horse farm located in the Long Green Valley of Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field