Waquoit, a stalwart within the Maryland stallion ranks, was euthanized June 14 at Northview Stallion Station in Chesapeake City, Md., due to complications from the infirmities of old age. The son of Relaunch was 24.
Last fall, E. Allen Murray, and his wife, Audrey, took a chance on purchasing the young Kentucky stallion Our Emblem and standing him at their Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md. All Our Emblem has done since then is have his name thrust into the national spotlight as the sire of Kentucky Derby winner War Emblem and Triple Crown contender Private Emblem.
The Pons' family's Country Life Farm of Bel Air, Md. announced Friday the acquistion of Merryland Farm, a 159-acre horse farm located in the Long Green Valley of Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger