Waquoit, a stalwart within the Maryland stallion ranks, was euthanized June 14 at Northview Stallion Station in Chesapeake City, Md., due to complications from the infirmities of old age. The son of Relaunch was 24.
Last fall, E. Allen Murray, and his wife, Audrey, took a chance on purchasing the young Kentucky stallion Our Emblem and standing him at their Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md. All Our Emblem has done since then is have his name thrust into the national spotlight as the sire of Kentucky Derby winner War Emblem and Triple Crown contender Private Emblem.
The Pons' family's Country Life Farm of Bel Air, Md. announced Friday the acquistion of Merryland Farm, a 159-acre horse farm located in the Long Green Valley of Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Emerald Downs Seeks New Track Announcer
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- Baffert Weighing Bayern's Derby Week Options
- Kentucky Derby: Simon Callaghan & Firing Line
- Criterion, Red Cadeaux Set for Rematch in HK
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Move
- International Star Stays Home for Final Work