Waquoit, a stalwart within the Maryland stallion ranks, was euthanized June 14 at Northview Stallion Station in Chesapeake City, Md., due to complications from the infirmities of old age. The son of Relaunch was 24.
Last fall, E. Allen Murray, and his wife, Audrey, took a chance on purchasing the young Kentucky stallion Our Emblem and standing him at their Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md. All Our Emblem has done since then is have his name thrust into the national spotlight as the sire of Kentucky Derby winner War Emblem and Triple Crown contender Private Emblem.
The Pons' family's Country Life Farm of Bel Air, Md. announced Friday the acquistion of Merryland Farm, a 159-acre horse farm located in the Long Green Valley of Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash