Waquoit, a stalwart within the Maryland stallion ranks, was euthanized June 14 at Northview Stallion Station in Chesapeake City, Md., due to complications from the infirmities of old age. The son of Relaunch was 24.
Last fall, E. Allen Murray, and his wife, Audrey, took a chance on purchasing the young Kentucky stallion Our Emblem and standing him at their Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md. All Our Emblem has done since then is have his name thrust into the national spotlight as the sire of Kentucky Derby winner War Emblem and Triple Crown contender Private Emblem.
The Pons' family's Country Life Farm of Bel Air, Md. announced Friday the acquistion of Merryland Farm, a 159-acre horse farm located in the Long Green Valley of Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- LTBA Announces 2013 Champions
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel