The 30th anniversary of the Jim McKay Maryland Million will be celebrated Oct. 17 at Laurel Park with the running of nine stakes, which attracted a total of 155 nominations.
Waquoit, a stalwart within the Maryland stallion ranks, was euthanized June 14 at Northview Stallion Station in Chesapeake City, Md., due to complications from the infirmities of old age. The son of Relaunch was 24.
Last fall, E. Allen Murray, and his wife, Audrey, took a chance on purchasing the young Kentucky stallion Our Emblem and standing him at their Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md. All Our Emblem has done since then is have his name thrust into the national spotlight as the sire of Kentucky Derby winner War Emblem and Triple Crown contender Private Emblem.
The Pons' family's Country Life Farm of Bel Air, Md. announced Friday the acquistion of Merryland Farm, a 159-acre horse farm located in the Long Green Valley of Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- National HBPA Set for Convention in March in Las Vegas
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested