Waquoit, a stalwart within the Maryland stallion ranks, was euthanized June 14 at Northview Stallion Station in Chesapeake City, Md., due to complications from the infirmities of old age. The son of Relaunch was 24.
Last fall, E. Allen Murray, and his wife, Audrey, took a chance on purchasing the young Kentucky stallion Our Emblem and standing him at their Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md. All Our Emblem has done since then is have his name thrust into the national spotlight as the sire of Kentucky Derby winner War Emblem and Triple Crown contender Private Emblem.
The Pons' family's Country Life Farm of Bel Air, Md. announced Friday the acquistion of Merryland Farm, a 159-acre horse farm located in the Long Green Valley of Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- London Tower Game in Eternal Search
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell