Waquoit, a stalwart within the Maryland stallion ranks, was euthanized June 14 at Northview Stallion Station in Chesapeake City, Md., due to complications from the infirmities of old age. The son of Relaunch was 24.
Last fall, E. Allen Murray, and his wife, Audrey, took a chance on purchasing the young Kentucky stallion Our Emblem and standing him at their Murmur Farm near Darlington, Md. All Our Emblem has done since then is have his name thrust into the national spotlight as the sire of Kentucky Derby winner War Emblem and Triple Crown contender Private Emblem.
The Pons' family's Country Life Farm of Bel Air, Md. announced Friday the acquistion of Merryland Farm, a 159-acre horse farm located in the Long Green Valley of Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Raffetto Joins New England HPBA Effort
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Fawkner, Adelaide Among Cox Plate Favorites
- Kentucky Regulator Approves 2015 Race Dates
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process