Marylanders moving the needle with Pimlico study, breeders' incentives.
Ben's Cat, named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year for a record fourth time earlier this year, is scheduled to make his 9-year-old debut April 17 in a five-furlong turf sprint at Pimlico Race Course.
King T. Leatherbury's evergreen Ben's Cat has been named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year for an unprecedented fourth time in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
The catalog for the 2014 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic yearling sale, which features 450 yearlings Sept. 29, is available to download.
Ben's Cat, winner of the Parx Dash Handicap (gr. IIIT) in 2012 and 2013, returns July 12 for his fourth consecutive outing in the race. He'll face nine, including Tightend Touchdown, runner-up by 1 1/4 lengths last year.
The 7-year-old mare became just the 17th Maryland-bred millionare Jan. 12 at Laurel Park.
The 18th Maryland Million is set for Oct. 11 at Laurel Park and the pre-entry deadline has been set at Oct. 1. Maryland Million Day will showcase Maryland-sired horses on an 11-race card.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T