King T. Leatherbury's evergreen Ben's Cat has been named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year for an unprecedented fourth time in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
The catalog for the 2014 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic yearling sale, which features 450 yearlings Sept. 29, is available to download.
Ben's Cat, winner of the Parx Dash Handicap (gr. IIIT) in 2012 and 2013, returns July 12 for his fourth consecutive outing in the race. He'll face nine, including Tightend Touchdown, runner-up by 1 1/4 lengths last year.
The 7-year-old mare became just the 17th Maryland-bred millionare Jan. 12 at Laurel Park.
The 18th Maryland Million is set for Oct. 11 at Laurel Park and the pre-entry deadline has been set at Oct. 1. Maryland Million Day will showcase Maryland-sired horses on an 11-race card.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot