Marylanders moving the needle with Pimlico study, breeders' incentives.
Ben's Cat, named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year for a record fourth time earlier this year, is scheduled to make his 9-year-old debut April 17 in a five-furlong turf sprint at Pimlico Race Course.
King T. Leatherbury's evergreen Ben's Cat has been named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year for an unprecedented fourth time in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
The catalog for the 2014 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic yearling sale, which features 450 yearlings Sept. 29, is available to download.
Ben's Cat, winner of the Parx Dash Handicap (gr. IIIT) in 2012 and 2013, returns July 12 for his fourth consecutive outing in the race. He'll face nine, including Tightend Touchdown, runner-up by 1 1/4 lengths last year.
The 7-year-old mare became just the 17th Maryland-bred millionare Jan. 12 at Laurel Park.
The 18th Maryland Million is set for Oct. 11 at Laurel Park and the pre-entry deadline has been set at Oct. 1. Maryland Million Day will showcase Maryland-sired horses on an 11-race card.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Too Much Bling Yearlings Top Texas Sale
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Former OBS President Chiota Dies at 70
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November