Marylanders moving the needle with Pimlico study, breeders' incentives.
Ben's Cat, named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year for a record fourth time earlier this year, is scheduled to make his 9-year-old debut April 17 in a five-furlong turf sprint at Pimlico Race Course.
King T. Leatherbury's evergreen Ben's Cat has been named Maryland-bred Horse of the Year for an unprecedented fourth time in the annual poll conducted by the Maryland Horse Breeders Association.
The catalog for the 2014 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic yearling sale, which features 450 yearlings Sept. 29, is available to download.
Ben's Cat, winner of the Parx Dash Handicap (gr. IIIT) in 2012 and 2013, returns July 12 for his fourth consecutive outing in the race. He'll face nine, including Tightend Touchdown, runner-up by 1 1/4 lengths last year.
The 7-year-old mare became just the 17th Maryland-bred millionare Jan. 12 at Laurel Park.
The 18th Maryland Million is set for Oct. 11 at Laurel Park and the pre-entry deadline has been set at Oct. 1. Maryland Million Day will showcase Maryland-sired horses on an 11-race card.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture