A federal bankruptcy judge has ruled that simulcast providers owed money from tracks operated by bankrupt Magna Entertainment are entitled to funds they paid bettors but not reimbursement for fees and commissions.
A bankruptcy court has granted permission for Magna International Corp. (MEC) to sell its track in Austria to a group associated with company founder and chairman Frank Stronach, Bloomberg reported July 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begins Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement