Three-time grade I winner and millionaire Get Stormy was represented by his first foal when a dark bay colt was born Jan. 16.
Mary Sullivan's homebred Get Stormy, the winner of three grade I stakes on turf, has been retired and will enter stud next year, according to trainer Tom Bush.
Get Stormy, making his first start since he was eased out of the TVG Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) last fall, led throughout in the Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap Feb. 11 for his third grade I win.
Trainer Tom Bush is delighted to be saddling his first Breeders' Cup contender, and 5-year-old Get Stormy, a son of Stormy Atlantic, has taken to the Midwest like a pioneer since shipping in for the Oct. 8 Shadwell Turf Mile.
Tom Roach, who operated his family's Parrish Hill Farm near Midway, Ky., died Sept. 3 after a long illness. The horseman who co-bred 1999 Horse of the Year Charismatic was 63.
"Breeding and watching the young horses grow is absolutely what I love best...but after the last few weeks, I might change that." Read Blog
Get Stormy dictated a soft pace and repelled his rivals in the stretch to capture the $576,000 Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (gr. IT) on the turf at Churchill Downs May 7.
Odds-on favorite Get Stormy took over turning for home and inched clear of pacesetter National Kid to win the $200,000 Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr. IIT) by 2 3/4 lengths Aug. 27 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- OBS April First Session Soars
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo